Thursday, July 27, 2006

What Others are Saying about the Experts


The Experts stood out on the comics rack when I saw it, so I knew I had to take it home with me. And I'm glad I did!

The cover caught my eye with it's retro/pop art looking superheroes, and the interior story lived up to that. Kenn Minter and Clarence Pruitt have crafted a great story which balances a nice mix of humor and homage, giving us a new crop of heroes in this.... darkened age of comics.

The familiar archeytpes are there (the star-spangled patriot, the monster, the stretchy guy, and in the ultimate nod to Bronze Age heroism, a voodoo based mage!) as well as some interesting hybrids like the sexy Ninja Witch!

Not satisfied with just giving us a new superteam, Minter and Pruitt also present us with two additional creative spins on superhero melodrama in this issue! More bang for your buck, I always say!

Pick up this book and enjoy some solid storytelling, with artwork that looks like a smooth blend between Archie Comics and classic Marvel!

Javier Hernandez

No comments: