Tuesday, October 23, 2007

"the Experts" at the Nashville Horror and Comic Book Convention







Howdy all.

I just spent the weekend in Nashville, TN. attending and promoting my comic book series at the "Nashville Horror and Comic Book Convention." It was a blast.

I met several nice people and made many new contacts. In regards to where the promoters of the convention placed me and my table, I got really lucky. The other vendors and presenters near me were extremely pleasant and down-to-earth folks. Across from my table was none other than Jackson Bostwick. Who? Bostwick played "Captain Marvel" on the CBS Saturday morning show, "SHAZAM!," in the early 1970s. He was a great guy and I talked to him quite a bit over the two days of the convention. He had his three-year-old daughter with him... who I ended up baby-sitting periodically when Bostwick would disappear to go hob-nob.

The star of the show was B-Movie/TV legend, John Saxon. He still looked just as intimidating as he did in every movie and TV show he appeared in in the 70s. I didn't get a chance to talk with him... but others assured me he was a really nice and charming man.

I ended up selling over 20 copies of "the Experts" and gave several copies and contact info to a marketing guy from Marvel Comics. Who knows? I think I blew about $150 on comic books and action figures.

All in all... it was a very fun and informative time. I'll definitely do more conventions in the near future.

-Kenn

1 comment:

Tommy! said...

MEOW!! I think I'm in love with "Thong Girl", ha ha!



BATMAN FAN? Check Out The Bat-Blog!
http://www.bat-blog.com